***Due to staffing changes, all new individual and group volunteer activities onsite are paused. We will continue to keep you updated.*** Volunteers can still engage with one of our off-site create a kit projects or donation drives.
The Horizon House volunteer program has been dedicated to educating and engaging individuals to become life-long community advocates for our neighbors experiencing homelessness. We believe that ending homelessness is a community effort. That is why we strive to provide a holistic approach to volunteerism that includes both service and learning.
Please note that masks are still required of all individuals when entering Horizon House’s building. This policy is in place for the health and safety of our neighbors that come to utilize our services.
- Sort clothing and items upstairs in our Donation Center
- Assist in making sure that Donation Center is clean and organized
Landscaping / Outdoor Clean Up
- Pulling weeds
- Trimming hedges and / or bushes
- Washing windows
- Removing debris from parking lot
- Assisting the Horizon House Service Center staff with needs of neighbors, such as cleaning / sanitizing surfaces, helping fill clothing vouchers, and handing out hygiene, food items, and/or creating snack packs
We are not currently scheduling Kitchen volunteer opportunities at this time. We will let you know when those opportunities are available.