Our Programs department is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assessment Specialist reporting to our Clinical Supervisor.
Summary: This position is responsible for enrolling new individuals or families experiencing homelessness (neighbors) into Horizon House services. A thorough assessment includes identification of each individual’s needs, resources, strengths, and interests related to addressing barriers to income and housing stability. This position also functions in a triage capacity to address immediate needs of neighbors as well as to link them to resources, services and supports for long term stability.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Social Work (BSW) or similar human services degree preferred;
- Prefer one to two years’ experience in a program providing services to individuals / families experiencing homelessness or poverty (may include educational/academic, internship and/or volunteer experience);
- Requires the ability to support individuals experiencing homelessness by developing professional helping relationships with neighbors, agencies, and community partners
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Requires knowledge of human behavior and skills to assess client strengths and needs;
- Prefer working knowledge of community resources;
- Requires strong organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications and ability to become proficient in required database tracking systems
Apply Now on Indeed | Click Here
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply! Resumes can be sent directly to MelissaB@horizonhouse.cc. No phone calls please.